Head of Whistler
|Size:||99 x 68 mm|
|No. of States:||1|
|Catalogues:||K.-; M.-; T.-; W.-|
|Impressions taken from this plate (1)|
The copper plate is in the Hunterian Art Gallery. 3 It is close in size to several etchings that probably date from 1887 including St James's Park , The Seamstress , The Abbey Jubilee , Church Door, Edgware , Butcher's Shop, Sandwich, Kent , and Children, Portsmouth .
3: http://etchings.arts.gla.ac.uk/exhibit (accessed 2009).
The copper plate was in Whistler's studio at his death and was bequeathed to Rosalind Birnie Philip (1873-1958). The plate was given by Miss Philip to the University of Glasgow in 1935. It was cancelled posthumously with a diagonal line.