Charing Cross Bridge
|Size:||133 x 97 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|No. of States:||1|
|Impressions taken from this plate (5)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., Catalogue of Etchings by J. McN. Whistler, Compiled by an Amateur. Supplementary to that Compiled by F. Wedmore, New York, 1902 (cat. no. 293) 'Charing Cross Railway Bridge'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 306) 'Charing Cross Railway-Bridge'.
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 310) 'Charing Cross Railway-Bridge'.
- Summer Exhibition, Royal Society of British Artists, London, 1888 (cat. no. 262) 'Charing Cross Bridge'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 210) 'Charing Cross Bridge'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 284) 'Charing Cross Railway Bridge'.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 204) 'Charing Cross Railway Bridge'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 317) 'Charing Cross Railway Bridge'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 293) 'Charing Cross Railway Bridge'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- Anon., 'Society of British Artists. - Sweney Relief Fund / Private View, Yesterday,' News of the World, 11 March 1888 (GUL PC9/70).
- Anon, [Sweney Exhibition], Court and Society Review, 14 March 1888 (GUL PC9/70).
- Anon., The Tablet, March 1888 (GUL PC9/73).
- Anon., 'Private View at the New Gallery', Bazaar, 16 March 1888 (GUL PC9/98).
- Anon., 'The Late H.W. Sweny / Close of the Exhibition for the Benefit of the Dead Journalist', Evening Post, London, 30 March 1888 (GUL PC9/73).
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 283 (no. 310).
- James McNeill Whistler, Tate Gallery, London; Musée d'Orsay, Paris; and National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994-1995.