Butcher's Shop, Sandwich, Kent
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||67 x 99 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly above centre|
|No. of States:||1|
|Impressions taken from this plate (3)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., Catalogue of Etchings by J. McN. Whistler, Compiled by an Amateur. Supplementary to that Compiled by F. Wedmore, New York, 1902 (cat. no. 273) 'Butcher’s Shop, Sandwich'.
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 308) 'Butcher’s Shop, Sandwich'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 303) 'Butcher’s Shop, Sandwich'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 196) 'Butcher Shop, Sandwich'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 281) 'The Butcher’s, Sandwich'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 300) 'Butcher's shop, Sandwich'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 273) 'Butcher's Shop, Sandwich'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 283 (no. 307).
- Hopkinson, Martin J., 'Whistler's Sandwich Etchings,' Print Quarterly, vol. 18, 4, 2009, pp. 436-442, at p. 439.