|Size:||100 x 67 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|No. of States:||1|
|Impressions taken from this plate (2)|
The copper plate bears the maker's oval stamp: 'HUGHES & KIMBER (LIMITED) / MANUFACTURERS / LONDON E.C.' It is the same or close in size to several Hughes & Kimber plates etched by Whistler including The Little Hat 366, The Baby, Gray's Inn 288, Children's Fruit Barrow 347 and St James's Park 250, all dated 1887, and Windows opposite Hotel, Bourges 397, of 1888.
The plate was bequeathed to Rosalind Birnie Philip (1873-1958) who gave it to the University of Glasgow in 1935. It was cancelled posthumously with a diagonal line across the lower right corner.