Bird Shop - Seven Dials
|Size:||135 x 98 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|No. of States:||1|
|Impressions taken from this plate (8)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., Catalogue of Etchings by J. McN. Whistler, Compiled by an Amateur. Supplementary to that Compiled by F. Wedmore, New York, 1902 (cat. no. 289) 'Bird-Cages, Drury Lane'.
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 281) 'Bird-Cages, Drury Lane'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 276) 'Bird-Cages, Drury Lane'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 178) 'Bird Cages, Drury Lane'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 211).
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 313) 'Bird Cages, Drury Lane'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 289) 'Bird Cages, Drury Lane'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Martin Hopkinson, 'Nathaniel Sparks's Printing of Whistler's Etchings', Print Quarterly, 1999, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 340, 344, 352.
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 282 (no. 279).