Rag Shop, Milman's Row, Chelsea
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||153 x 229 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at upper right|
|Inscribed:||illegible inscription at lower left|
|No. of States:||4|
|Impressions taken from this plate (12)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 272) 'Rag-Shop, Milman’s Row'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 267) 'Rag-Shop, Milman’s Row'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 177) 'Rag Shop – Milman’s Row'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 309) 'Rag Shop, Milman’s Row'.
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902 (cat. no. 947 ) 'Rag Shop, Milman’s Row'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 213).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 164) 'Rag Shop, Milman’s Row'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 314) 'Rag Shop – Milman’s Row'.
- Oeuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'École des Beaux-Art, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 420) as 'Chiffonnier. Milman's Row'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 291) 'Rag Shop- Millman's Row'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- The Scottish Art Review, March 1889, reproduced.
- Supplement to The Architectural Review Art Annual, December 1898, reproduced.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 282 (no. 271).
- MacDonald, Margaret F., James McNeill Whistler. Drawings, Pastels and Watercolours. A Catalogue Raisonné, New Haven and London, 1995 (cat. nos. 1118, 1586).
- Robins, Anna Gruetzner, A Fragile Modernism. Whistler and his Impressionist Followers, Yale University Press, London and New Haven, 2007, pp. 131-136.