Little Greengrocer's Shop, Chelsea
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||71 x 103 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at right|
|No. of States:||2|
|Catalogues:||K.259; M.255; W.210|
|Impressions taken from this plate (7)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 259) 'Fruit-Shop'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 255) 'Greengrocer's Shop'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 210) 'Fruit-Shop'.
- Mr. Whistler's Etchings, Hogarth Club, London, 1887.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 205) 'Little Green-Grocer Shop'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E182) 'Fruit-Shop'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 180) 'Fruit-Shop. Chelsea'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 170).
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 219) 'Fruit Shop'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 210) 'The Fruit Shop'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- Manchester Guardian, 3 May 1889 (GUL PC10, p. 92)
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 282 (no. 257).
- Robins, Anna Gruetzner, A Fragile Modernism. Whistler and his Impressionist Followers, Yale University Press, London and New Haven, 2007.