The Rag Shop, Milman's Row
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||96 x 164 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at upper centre|
|No. of States:||3|
|Impressions taken from this plate (9)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., Catalogue of Etchings by J. McN. Whistler, Compiled by an Amateur. Supplementary to that Compiled by F. Wedmore, New York, 1902 (cat. no. 302) 'Old-Clothes Shop, No. 2'.
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 258) 'Old-Clothes Shop. No. 2'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 254) 'Old-Clothes Shop. No. 2'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 219).
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 328) 'Old Clothes Shop, No. 3'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 302) 'Old Clothes Shop, No. 2'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 226, 282 (no. 256).
- Robins, Anna Gruetzner, A Fragile Modernism. Whistler and his Impressionist Followers, Yale University Press, London and New Haven, 2007, pp. 131-136.