|Size:||128 x 205 mm|
|No. of States:||4|
|Catalogues:||K.222; M.219; W.193|
|Impressions taken from this plate (5)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 222) 'Islands'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 219) 'Islands'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 193) 'Islands'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- Mr Whistler's Etchings, The Fine Art Society, London, 1883 (cat. no. 25) 'Islands'.
- 50 Etchings and Drypoints (Venice Second Series), H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1883 (cat. no. 25) 'Islands'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 153) 'Islands'.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 149) 'Islands'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. nos. 195, 195b) 'Islands'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 193) 'Islands'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- Anon., 'Mr Whistler's Etchings', Building News, 23 February 1883 (GUL PC6/42).
- Anon., 'An Arrangement in White and Yellow', The Queen, 24 February 1883.
- Anon., Athenaeum, 24 February 1883 (GUL PC25/25).
- Anon., 'The Fine Art Society, New Bond Street', [unidentified 'Daily'], 24 February 1883 (GUL PC6/42).
- Mr Whistler's Etchings, The Fine Art Society, London, 1883 (cat. no. 25).
- Whistler, James McNeill, The Gentle Art of Making Enemies, London, 1890, p. 98.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 182, 194, 281 (no. 229).
- MacDonald, Margaret F., Palaces in the Night: Whistler in Venice, Aldershot and California, 2001, pp. 77, 84, 114-115, 128, pl. 120.