The Little Putney
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||124 x 201 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right (2-final)|
|No. of States:||3|
|Catalogues:||K.180; M.177; W.226|
|Impressions taken from this plate (23)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 180) 'The Little Putney, No. 2'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 177) 'The Little Putney, No. 2'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 226) 'Putney: Number Three'.
- World's Columbian Exposition, Department of Fine Arts, Chicago, 1893 (cat. no. 2242) 'The Little Putney (No. 3)'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. nos. 196, 196a) 'Putney: No. 3'.
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902 (cat. no. 947 (226)) 'Putney, Number Three'
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 178).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 115) 'Putney, Number Three'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 238) 'Putney, No. 2'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 226) 'Putney No. 3'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 280 (no. 181).