Little Putney Bridge
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||132 x 207 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right (2-final)|
|Set/Publication:||Printseller's Association, 1879; F. Wedmore, 1883|
|No. of States:||5|
|Catalogues:||K.179; M.176; W.146|
|Impressions taken from this plate (56)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 179) 'The Little Putney, No. 1'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 176) 'The Little Putney, No. 1'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 146) 'The Little Putney'.
- [?] Exhibition, Grosvenor Gallery, London, 1879 (cat. no. 272) 'The Little Putney'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. no. 149) 'The Little Putney'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 125) 'The Little Putney'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 119, 120) 'The Little Putney', Trial Proof.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 109).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 112) 'The Little Putney'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 147) 'The Little Putney.'
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 146). 'The Little Putney'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- The Athenaeum, 14 June 1879, p. 769.
- Wedmore, Frederick, Four Masters of Etching, 1883, after p. 36.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 179, 280 (no. 177).
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Life of James McNeill Whistler, 2 vols, London and Philadelphia, 1908, I, p. 215.