|Size:||152 x 229 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right (6-final)|
|Set/Publication:||'Cancelled Plates', 1879|
|No. of States:||8|
|Catalogues:||K.168; M.164; W.130|
|Impressions taken from this plate (28)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 168) 'A Sketch from Billingsgate'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 164) 'A Sketch from Billingsgate'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 130) 'A Sketch from Billingsgate'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. no. 148) 'From Billingsgate'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 111) 'A Sketch from Billingsgate'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 115) 'A Sketch from Billingsgate'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 107) 'A Sketch from Billingsgate'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 97).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 99) 'A Sketch from Billingsgate'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 133) 'A Sketch from Billingsgate'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 130) 'A Sketch from Billingsgate'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 172, 174, 280 (no. 171).
- Menpes, Mortimer, Whistler as I Knew Him, London, 1904, repr. f. p. 80.