|Size:||153 x 230 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|Set/Publication:||'Cancelled Plates', 1879|
|No. of States:||4|
|Catalogues:||K.166; M.162; W.136|
|Impressions taken from this plate (25)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 166) 'Lindsey Houses'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 162) 'Lindsey Houses'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 136) 'Lindsay Houses'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. no. 146). 'Lindsay Houses'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 115) 'Lindsay Houses'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 120) 'Lindsay Houses'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 111) 'Lindsay Houses'.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 103) 'Lindsay Houses'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 138) 'Lindsay House'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 136) 'Lindsay Houses'.
- Oeuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'École des Beaux-Art, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 346) 'Lindsay Houses'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- Anon., [H. Stewart Cundell], 'English Etching', The Standard, London, 25 April 1878, p. 2 (GUL PC1/94).
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 174, 175 (no. 169).
- Los Angeles 1984: Drawing Near. Whistler Etchings from the Zelman Collection, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1984 (cat. no. 23).