|Size:||151 x 227 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right|
|Set/Publication:||'Cancelled Plates', 1879|
|No. of States:||4|
|Catalogues:||K.165; M.161; W.135|
|Impressions taken from this plate (25)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 165) 'The Thames towards Erith'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 161) 'Greenhithe'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 135) 'The Thames towards Erith'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 114) 'The Thames Towards Erith'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 119) 'The Thames Towards Erith'.
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902 (cat. no. 947) 'The Thames Towards Erith'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 110) 'The Thames Towards Erith'.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. nos. 101, 102) 'The Thames Towards Erith'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 137) 'The Thames Towards Erith'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 135).
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- Anon., [H. Stewart Cundell], 'English Etching', The Standard, London, 25 April 1878, p. 2 (GUL PC1/94).
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 280 (no. 168).