Shipbuilder's Yard, Liverpool
|Size:||279 x 152 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left (1-3); redrawn (3-final)|
|Set/Publication:||'Cancelled Plates', 1879|
|No. of States:||4|
|Catalogues:||K.146; M.144; W.121|
|Impressions taken from this plate (24)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 146) 'Shipbuilder’s Yard'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 144) 'Ship-Builder's Yard'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 121) 'Shipbuilder's Yard'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- C. Silva White's Galleries, Glasgow, 1881, 'A Shipbuilder's Yard'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. no. 140) 'Ship Builder’s Yard (Liverpool)'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 104) 'Shipbuilder's Yard'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 109) 'Ship Builders’ Yard'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 89) 'Shipbuilders Yard'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. nos. 125, 125b) 'Shipbuilders' Yard'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 121) 'Shipbuilder's Yard.'
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- 'Exhibition of Etchings', Glasgow Herald, 1 June 1881.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 165, 193, 280 (no. 148).
- MacDonald, Margaret F., James McNeill Whistler. Drawings, Pastels and Watercolours. A Catalogue Raisonné, New Haven and London, 1995 (cat. no. 575).