|Size:||210 x 135 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left (4-final)|
|Set/Publication:||'Cancelled Plates', 1879|
|No. of States:||11|
|Catalogues:||K.100; M.118; T.80; W.87|
|Impressions taken from this plate (35)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 100) 'The Model Resting'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 118) 'Girl Resting'.
- Thomas, Ralph, A Catalogue of the Etchings and Drypoints of James Abbott MacNeil Whistler, London, 1874 (cat. no. 80) 'Figure of a Woman'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 87) 'The Model Resting'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- Collection illustrative of the History and Practice of Etching. Lent and Catalogued by James Anderson Rose, Esq., of London, Liverpool, 1874 (cat. no. 526) 'Study of a Woman Standing Up'.
- Mr Whistler's Exhibition, Flemish Gallery, Pall Mall, London, 1874 (cat. no. E39) 'Figure Resting'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. nos.114, 115) 'Girl Resting'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 82) 'The Model Resting'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E083) 'The Model Resting'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 71) 'Second State'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. nos. 91 a, b, c, d) 'The Model Resting'.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 70) 'The Model Resting'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 87) 'The Model Resting'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 152, 153, 279 (no. 100).
- MacDonald, Margaret F., James McNeill Whistler. Drawings, Pastels and Watercolours. A Catalogue Raisonné, New Haven and London, 1995 (cat. nos. 409, 411).