The plate was then bought by William Keeney Bixby
(1857-1931), a collector in St Louis. Recently - in 1991 - St Louis Art acquired an impression 'with an inscription on the verso dated Dec. 25, 1905 from Mr. Bixby stating that there were not many impressions in existence, and any others could only taken from the plate with his permission since he owned the plate.' 14
Bixby owned the plate for several years and may have had additional impressions taken from it. He then sold the plate and one impression () to Charles Lang Freer
(1856-1919), probably in 1913, and presented one of the remaining impressions to the St Louis Art Museum in 1915 (). The plate is now in the Freer Gallery of Art. 15
It is lacquered but is not cancelled.
14: Elizabeth Wyckoff to M.F.MacDonald, 5 August 2011, email, WEP.
15: Acc. No. 1913.92.