Beatrice Whistler painting from a window, Bourges
|Size:||135 x 98 mm|
|No. of States:||1|
|Catalogues:||K.-; M.-; T.-; W.-|
|Impressions taken from this plate (1)|
The copper plate is close in size to a number of etchings including Three studies of women's heads 400, A French Street 405, Bird Shop - Seven Dials 384, The Fan 375, The Hangman's House, Tours 393, Place Daumont, Tours 390, Château de Bridoré 409, Château Touraine 410 and Café Luxembourg 436.
The copper plate was in Whistler's studio at his death and was bequeathed to Rosalind Birnie Philip (1873-1958). Miss Philip gave the plate to the University of Glasgow in 1935. It was cancelled posthumously with a diagonal line from below centre left to near the bottom right.