Head of Whistler
|Size:||99 x 68 mm|
|No. of States:||1|
|Catalogues:||K.-; M.-; T.-; W.-|
|Impressions taken from this plate (1)|
The copper plate is in the Hunterian Art Gallery. 3 It is close in size to several etchings that probably date from 1887 including St James's Park 250, The Seamstress 253, The Abbey Jubilee 296, Church Door, Edgware 291, Butcher's Shop, Sandwich, Kent 320, and Children, Portsmouth 301.
3: http://etchings.arts.gla.ac.uk/exhibit (accessed 2009).
The copper plate was in Whistler's studio at his death and was bequeathed to Rosalind Birnie Philip (1873-1958). The plate was given by Miss Philip to the University of Glasgow in 1935. It was cancelled posthumously with a diagonal line.