Freetext search terms: free trade wharf
Free Trade Wharf
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||99 x 186 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower left (3-final)|
|Set/Publication:||Fine Art Society, 1879?|
|No. of States:||8|
|Catalogues:||K.163; M.160; W.134|
|Impressions taken from this plate (33)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 163) 'Free-Trade Wharf'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 160) 'Free-Trade Wharf'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 134) 'Free-Trade Wharf'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. nos. 143, 144) 'From Limehouse'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 113) 'Free-Trade Wharf'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. nos. 118, 118a) 'Free Trade Wharf (The Little Limehouse)'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 109) 'Free-Trade Wharf', First State.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 100).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 100) 'Free-Trade Wharf'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 136) 'Free-Trade Wharf'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 134) 'Free-Trade Wharf'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984 , pp. 174, 280 (no. 166).
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Life of James McNeill Whistler, 2 vols, London and Philadelphia, 1908 , I, p. 215.