|Size:||139 x 217 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at upper left (2-final)|
|No. of States:||4|
|Catalogues:||K.125; M.122; W.112|
|Impressions taken from this plate (9)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 125) 'A Child on a Couch, No. 2'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 112) 'A Child on a Couch'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 122) 'Girl Sleeping'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 101) 'A Child on a Couch'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 95) 'A Child on a Couch'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 84) 'A Child on a Couch'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. nos. 114 a, b) 'A Child on a Couch'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 112) 'A Child on a Couch'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Martin Hopkinson, 'Nathaniel Sparks's Printing of Whistler's Etchings', Print Quarterly, 1999, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 340, 342, 349, 352.
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 279 (no. 126).