The Courtyard, Brussels
|Size:||215 x 126 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at right|
|No. of States:||1|
|Catalogues:||K.355; M.353; W.250|
|Impressions taken from this plate (7)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 355) 'Courtyard, Brussels'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 353) 'A Courtyard, Brussels'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 250) 'Court-yard, Brussels'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- World's Columbian Exposition, Department of Fine Arts, Chicago, 1893 (cat. no. 2253 ) 'Court-Yard, Brussels'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 254) 'Court Yard, Brussels'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E216) 'Court-Yard, Brussels'.
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902 (cat. no. 947 ) 'Court-yard, Brussels'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat .no. 209) 'Court-Yard, Brussels'.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 178) 'Court-Yard, Brussels'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 270) 'Courtyard, Brussels'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 250) 'Court Yard-Brussels'.
- Oeuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'École des Beaux-Art, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 403) 'Une cour à Bruxelles. - (Court-Yard. Brussels)'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 283 (no. 357).
- Mansfield, Howard, 'Whistler in Belgium and Holland,' The Print-Collector's Quarterly, vol. 6, no. 4, December 1916, pp. 374-395.