Justice Walk, Chelsea
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||166 x 242 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at upper left|
|No. of States:||2|
|Impressions taken from this plate (4)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., Catalogue of Etchings by J. McN. Whistler, Compiled by an Amateur. Supplementary to that Compiled by F. Wedmore, New York, 1902 (cat. no. 296) 'Justice Walk, Chelsea'.
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 275) 'Justice Walk, Chelsea'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 270) 'Justice Walk, Chelsea'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E300) 'Justice Walk, Chelsea'.
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902 (cat. no. 947 (271) 'Justice Walk'.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 206) 'Justice Walk, Chelsea'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 320) 'Justice Walk, Chelsea'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 296) 'Justice Walk, Chelsea'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 282 (no. 274).
- Robins, Anna Gruetzner, A Fragile Modernism. Whistler and his Impressionist Followers, Yale University Press, London and New Haven, 2007, pp. 131, 133.