The Letter (Maud, seated)
|Size:||140 x 101 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|No. of States:||5|
|Catalogues:||K.115; M.114; W.100|
|Impressions taken from this plate (8)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 115) 'Maud, Seated'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 114) 'Maud, Seated'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 100) 'Maud, Seated'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. no. 128) 'Maude'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 94) 'Maude, seated'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 94) 'Maude Seated'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. nos. 100, 100b, 100c) 'Maude Seated'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 279 (no. 119).