|Size:||357 x 217 mm|
|Signed:||'Whistler.' at lower left|
|Inscribed:||'1860.' at lower left|
|No. of States:||4|
|Catalogues:||K.62; M.62; T.51; W.57|
|Impressions taken from this plate (17)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 62) 'Annie Haden'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 62) 'Annie Haden'.
- Thomas, Ralph, A Catalogue of the Etchings and Drypoints of James Abbott MacNeil Whistler, London, 1874 (cat. no. 51) 'A Young Lady'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 57) 'Annie Haden'.
- Mr Whistler's Exhibition, Flemish Gallery, Pall Mall, London, 1874 (cat. no. 50) 'Dry Point, Portrait'.
- Collection illustrative of the History and Practice of Etching. Lent and Catalogued by James Anderson Rose, Esq., of London, Liverpool, 1874 (cat. no. 487) 'Portrait of a Young Lady '.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. nos. 79, 80) 'Annie Haden'.
- World's Columbian Exposition, Department of Fine Arts, Chicago, 1893 (cat. no. 2223) 'Portrait of Annie Haden'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 54) 'Annie Haden'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E052) 'Annie Haden'.
- International Exhibition, Glasgow Art Galleries, Glasgow, 1901 (cat. no. 239) 'Annie Haden'.
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902 (cat. no. 947 (57)) 'Annie Haden'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 64) 'Annie Haden'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 48).
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. nos. 58a-d) 'Annie Haden'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 57) 'Annie Haden'.
- Oeuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'École des Beaux-Art, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 319) 'Annie Haden'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- American Art Association, Masterpieces of Engraving and Etching ... Collection of Henry Graves, Jr., New York City, Anderson Art Galleries, New York, 3 April 1936 (lot. no. 62).
- Prosaic Views, Poetic Vision, University of Michigan Museum of Art, Ann Arbor, 1996 (cat. no. 12).
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 107-112, 165, 269, 278 (no. 66).
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Life of James McNeill Whistler, 2 vols, London and Philadelphia, 1908, vol. 1, p. 91.
- James McNeill Whistler, Tate Gallery, London; Musée d'Orsay, Paris; and National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994-1995 (cat. no. 12).
- MacDonald, Margaret F., James McNeill Whistler. Drawings, Pastels and Watercolours. A Catalogue Raisonné, New Haven and London, 1995 (cat. no. 21).