Salvation Army, Sandwich
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||83 x 178 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right|
|No. of States:||1|
|Catalogues:||K.305; M.300; W.236|
|Impressions taken from this plate (7)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 305) 'Salvation Army, Sandwich'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 300) 'Salvation Army, Sandwich'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 236) 'Sandwich: Salvation Army'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 185) 'Salvation Army'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E206) 'Sandwich: Salvation Army'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 197) 'Sandwich: Salvation Army'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 185) 'Sandwich: Salvation Army'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 249) 'Salvation Army, Sandwich'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 236) 'Sandwich: Salvation Army'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 282 (no. 304).
- Hopkinson, Martin J., 'Whistler's Sandwich Etchings,' Print Quarterly, vol. 18, 4, 2009, pp. 436-442.