The Church - Brussels (Adoration)
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||213 x 124 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at upper left|
|No. of States:||4|
|Catalogues:||K.356; M.352; W.249|
|Impressions taken from this plate (9)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 356) 'Church, Brussels'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 352) 'Church, Brussels'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 249) 'The Church, Brussels'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 252) 'Church Interior, Brussels'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E215) 'The Church, Brussels'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 208) 'The Church, Brussels'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 198) 'Church, Brussels'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 269) 'Church, Brussels'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 249) 'The Church, Brussels'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 283 (no. 356).
- Mansfield, Howard, 'Whistler in Belgium and Holland,' The Print-Collector's Quarterly, vol. 6, no. 4, December 1916, pp. 374-395.
- Mansfield, Howard, Whistler in Belgium and Holland, New York, 1935.
- Sparrow, Walter Shaw, Memories of life and art through sixty years, London, 1925, pp. 158-159.