The Market, Bruges
|Size:||99 x 136 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at right|
|No. of States:||1|
|Catalogues:||K.351; M.351; W.255|
|Impressions taken from this plate (3)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 351) 'Market-Place, Bruges'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 351) 'Market-Place, Bruges'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 255) 'Market Place, Bruges'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E221 'Market Place, Bruges.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 214) 'Market Place, Bruges'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 199) 'Marketplace, Bruges '.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 275) 'Market Place, Bruges'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 255) 'Market Place, Bruges'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- Toronto Daily Mail, 31 May 1888 (GUL PC10/1).
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 283 (no. 355).