Her Majesty's Fleet: Evening
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||144 x 223 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right|
|No. of States:||1|
|Catalogues:||K.326; M.320; W.243|
|Impressions taken from this plate (7)|
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 243) 'The Fleet - Evening'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 320) 'The Fleet, Evening'.
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 326) 'The Fleet – Evening'.
- 64th Annual Exhibition, Royal Society of British Artists, London, 1887 (cat. no. 507) 'The Naval Review. Her Majesty’s Fleet: Evening'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 219) 'The Fleet – Evening'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 211a) 'The Fleet, Evening'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 203) 'The Fleet- Evening'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 192).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 175) 'The Fleet - Evening'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 256) 'The Fleet, Evening.'
- Oeuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'École des Beaux-Art, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 396) 'La Flotte; le soir. - (The Fleet. Evening)'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 243) 'The Fleet - Evening'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 238, 283 (no. 324).
- MacDonald, Margaret F., James McNeill Whistler. Drawings, Pastels and Watercolours. A Catalogue Raisonné, New Haven and London, 1995 (cat. no. 1143).
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Life of James McNeill Whistler, 2 vols, London and Philadelphia, 1908, II, pp. 81-2.