Clothes-Exchange, Houndsditch, No. 1
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||162 x 242 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|No. of States:||2|
|Catalogues:||K.287; M.282; W.231|
|Impressions taken from this plate (12)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 287) 'Clothes-Exchange, No. 1'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 282) 'Clothes-Exchange, Houndsditch. No. 1'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 231) 'Old Clothes Exchange'.
- Universal Exhibition, Paris, 1889 (cat.no. 419) 'Clothes Exchange No. 1, Jew's Quarter, London'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 214).
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 210) 'Old Clothes Exchange'.
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902 (cat. no. 947 ) 'Clothes Exchange, No. 1').
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. nos. 190, 191) 'Old Clothes Exchange', First and Second States.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 181) 'Old Clothes Exchange'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 244).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 202) 'Clothes Exchange, Number One'.
- Oeuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'École des Beaux-Art, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 389) 'Le marché aux fripiers'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 231) 'Old Clothes Exchange'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Drawing Near. Whistler Etchings from the Zelman Collection, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1984 (cat. no. 72).
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 226, 282 (no. 285).