|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||293 x 200 mm|
|No. of States:||3|
|Impressions taken from this plate (3)|
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909, cat. no. 227 'Venetian Court'.
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 230) 'Venetian Court'.
- Etchings, Drypoints and Lithographs by Whistler: The Collection of B.B. MacGeorge, of Glasgow, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1901.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 239) 'Venetian Court'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 203).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 156) 'Court Yard, Venice'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Exhibition of Etchings and Drypoints by James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1910 (cat. no. 169) 'Venetian Court'.
- Getscher, Robert Harold, Whistler and Venice, Ph.D. dissertation, Case Western University, Cleveland, 1970.
- Grieve, Alastair, Whistler's Venice, New Haven and London, 2000, pp. 91, 200 n.17, fig. 98.
- Drawing Near. Whistler Etchings from the Zelman Collection, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1984 (cat. no. 42).
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 281 (no. 206).
- MacDonald, Margaret F., Palaces in the Night: Whistler in Venice, Aldershot and California, 2001. pp. 25, 64, 70, pl. 25.
- James McNeill Whistler. The Venetian Etcings, Fondazione Querini Stampala, 2001 (cat. no. 39) 'Venetian Court'.