|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||102 x 127 mm|
|Signed:||'James Whistler' (in inscription) (1-4); removed (5)|
|Inscribed:||'1861' at lower left; 'The Works of James Whistler: Etchings and Dry Points, are on View at E. Thomas' .. Publisher / 39. Old Bond Street' at lower right (1-2); 'London.' added (4); erased (5)|
|Set/Publication:||'Thames Set', 1871|
|No. of States:||5|
|Catalogues:||K.71; M.71; T.44; W.67|
|Impressions taken from this plate (67)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910, (cat. no. 71) 'Millbank'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909, (cat. no. 71) 'Millbank'
- Thomas, Ralph, A Catalogue of the Etchings and Drypoints of James Abbott MacNeil Whistler, London, 1874, (cat. no. 44) 'View taken at Vauxhall'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886, (cat. no. 67) 'Millbank'.
- The Works of James Whistler - Etchings and Dry Points, E. Thomas, 39 Old Bond Street, London, 1861.
- [Exposition], Société Nationale des Beaux-Arts, Paris, 1862.
- Exhibition of works loaned to the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1879.
- [Exhibition], Craibe Angus's Gallery, Glasgow, 1879.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. nos. 94, 95) 'Millbank'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 64) 'Millbank'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 62) 'Millbank'.
- Exhibition of Etchings and Dry Points by Mr. Whistler, Frederick Keppel and Co., New York, 1902.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. nos. 69, 70, 71) 'Millbank'
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 56).
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 69) 'Millbank'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 67) 'Millbank'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1855- 1905
- [Ellis, Frederick Startridge], Memories of Men, Places and Things, belonging to past times, London, n.d. [1896/1897], p. 52.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 125, 126, 278, (no. 73).
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Life of James McNeill Whistler, 2 vols, London and Philadelphia, 1908, I, p. 281.
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Whistler Journal, Philadelphia, 1921, f. p. 35.