Court of the Monastery of St Augustine, Bourges
|Size:||131 x 220 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|No. of States:||1|
|Impressions taken from this plate (4)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., Catalogue of Etchings by J. McN. Whistler, Compiled by an Amateur. Supplementary to that Compiled by F. Wedmore, New York, 1902 (cat. no. 330) 'Court of the Monastery of St. Augustine at Bourges'.
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 398) 'Court of the Monastery of St. Augustine, Bourges'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 397) 'Court of Monastery of St. Augustine, Bourges'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 288) 'Court of the St. Augustin Monastery, Bourges'.
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902 (cat. no. 947 ) 'St. Augustin'.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 218) 'Court of the Monastery of St. Augustine at Bourges'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 367) 'Court of the Monastery of St. Augustine'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 330) 'Court of the Monastery of St. Augustin at Bourges'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 284 (no. 399).
- McBey, James, 'Etchings : The Quick and the Dead' , The Bookman's Journal and Print Collector, n.s. IX, 27, 1923, p. 99.