|Size:||271 x 166 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at right|
|No. of States:||7|
|Impressions taken from this plate (14)|
Recto, above; verso, below:
The copper plate was in Whistler's studio at his death. It was close in size to two related plates, Hôtel de Ville, Loches 412, Hôtel Lallement, Bourges 396, and a later plate, The Long House (The Dyers, Amsterdam) 453. None of these plates have a maker's mark.
The plate was bequeathed to Rosalind Birnie Philip (1873-1958), who gave it to the University of Glasgow in 1935. It was cancelled posthumously with a diagonal line across the lower left corner.