Merton Villa, Chelsea
|Size:||153 x 230 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|Inscribed:||'to Trix - / Merton Villa / Chelsea' at lower left|
|No. of States:||1|
|Impressions taken from this plate (2)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., Catalogue of Etchings by J. McN. Whistler, Compiled by an Amateur. Supplementary to that Compiled by F. Wedmore, New York, 1902 (cat. no. 298) 'Merton Villa, Chelsea'.
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 277) 'Merton Villa, Chelsea'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 273) 'Merton Villa, Chelsea'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E247) 'Merton Villa'. 'First proof '.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 208) 'Merton Villa, Chelsea'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 322) 'Merton Villa, Chelsea'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 298) 'Merton Villa, Chelsea'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 282 (no. 277).