|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||99 x 66 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|No. of States:||3|
|Catalogues:||K.252; M.248; W.206|
|Impressions taken from this plate (4)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 252) 'The Seamstress'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 248) 'The Seamstress'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 206) 'The Seamstress'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 176) 'The Seamstress'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 166).
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 214) 'The Seamstress'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 206) 'The Seamstress'.
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 282 (no. 251).