|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||133 x 207 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right|
|Set/Publication:||Printseller's Association, 1879.|
|No. of States:||5|
|Catalogues:||K.182; M.179; W.148|
|Impressions taken from this plate (66)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 182) 'Fulham'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 179) 'Fulham'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 148) 'Fulham'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 127) 'Fulham'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 129) 'Fulham'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 122) 'Fulham'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 111).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 114) 'Fulham'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. nos. 149a, b) 'Fulham'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 148) 'Fulham'.
- The Athenaeum, 14 June 1879, p. 769.
GENERAL 1855- 1905
- Whistler, J., 'Chelsea', The Art Journal,, London (J. S. Virtue & Co., Ltd), and New York (Patterson & Neilson), May 1882, p. 136, published f.p. 129.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Getscher, Robert H., and Paul G. Marks, James McNeill Whistler and John Singer Sargent. Two Annotated Bibliographies, New York and London, 1986, pp. 76-77, C.13.
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, 179, 280 (no. 179).