The Tiny Pool
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||99 x 66 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right (2-final)|
|No. of States:||3|
|Catalogues:||K.173; M.170; W.73|
|Impressions taken from this plate (22)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 173) 'The Tiny Pool'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 170) 'The Tiny Pool'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 73) 'Tiny Pool'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. no. 102) 'The Pool, No. 3'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 68) 'Tiny Pool'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 61).
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 78) 'Tiny Pool'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. nos. 76, 76b).
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 73) 'The Tiny Pool.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 280 (no. 174).