Mrs Leyland, Sr.
|Size:||229 x 153 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right|
|Set/Publication:||'Cancelled Plates', 1879|
|No. of States:||3|
|Catalogues:||K.103; M.104; W.227|
|Impressions taken from this plate (19)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 103) 'F. R. Leyland’s Mother'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 104) 'Madame Leyland'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 227) 'F. R. Leyland's Mother'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 83) 'Leyland's Mother'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 101).
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 227).
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 279 (no. 109).