Penny Passengers, Limehouse
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||81 x 206 mm|
|No. of States:||2|
|Catalogues:||K.67; M.67; W.59|
|Impressions taken from this plate (5)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 67) 'The Penny Boat'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 67) 'The Penny Boat'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 59) 'A Sketch at Limehouse'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 59) 'The Penny Boat'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. no. 82) 'Thames, Limehouse'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 56) 'A Sketch at Limehouse'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 54) 'The Penny Boat (Thames Limehouse)'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 65) 'The Penny Boat'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 50).
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 60) 'The Penny Boat. A Sketch at Lime-house.'
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 59) 'The Penny Boat'.
- Chambers, Emma, An indolent and blundering art?, Cambridge, 1999, p. 143.
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 124, 278 (no. 71).