The Dutchman Holding A Glass
|Size:||82 x 56 mm|
|Signed:||'J. W.' at lower right|
|No. of States:||2|
|Catalogues:||K.4; M.3; T.-|
|Impressions taken from this plate (4)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 4) 'The Dutchman holding a Glass'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 3) 'Man holding a glass'.
- Thomas, Ralph, A Catalogue of the Etchings and Drypoints of James Abbott MacNeil Whistler, London, 1874 (cat. no. 81) ' ... a man (Dutch) holding up a large glass in his right hand'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 3) 'The Dutchman holding the Glass'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 3) 'Dutchman holding a glass'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 3) 'The Dutchman Holding the Glass'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 3) 'The Dutchman holding the glass'.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Boston 1910: Exhibition of Etchings and Drypoints by James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1910 (cat. no. 5) 'Man Holding a Glass'.
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 24-25, 277 (no. 5).