Resting by the Stove
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||135 x 99 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|No. of States:||2|
|Impressions taken from this plate (2)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 338) 'Resting by the Stove'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 338) 'Resting by the Stove'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E240) 'Resting by the Stone [sic!]'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 249) 'Resting in Studio'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 336) 'Resting by the Stove'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 381) 'Resting in Studio'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 283 (no. 342).