The Landing Stage, Cowes
|Size:||134 x 96 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|No. of States:||3|
|Catalogues:||K.328; M.322; W.245|
|Impressions taken from this plate (15)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 328) 'Ryde Pier'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 322) 'Landing-Stage, Cowes'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 245) 'Ryde Pier'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 226) 'Landing Stage, Cowes'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 194) 'Ryde Pier'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 205) 'Ryde Pier'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 258) 'Ryde Pier'.
- Oeuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'École des Beaux-Art, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 397) 'Débarcadère. Cowes'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 245) 'Landing Stage, Cowes'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 238, 283 (no. 326).
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Life of James McNeill Whistler, 2 vols, London and Philadelphia, 1908, II, pp. 81-82.