The Cock and the Pump
|Size:||222 x 144 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right|
|No. of States:||1|
|Catalogues:||K.304; M.299; W.235|
|Impressions taken from this plate (7)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 304) 'The Cock and the Pump'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 299) 'The Cock and the Pump'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, 2nd ed., revised, London, 1899 (cat. no. 235) 'The Cock and the Pump'.
EXHIBITIONS 1855- 1905
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. E205) 'The Cock and the Pump'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 196) 'The Cock and Pump'.
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 171) 'The Cock and Pump'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 248) 'The Cock and the Pump, Sandwich'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 235) 'The Cock and the Pump'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 282 (no. 303).
- Hopkinson, Martin J., 'Whistler's Sandwich Etchings,' Print Quarterly, vol. 18, 4, 2009, pp. 436-442.