|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||137 x 201 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower left|
|Set/Publication:||Printseller's Association, 1879.|
|No. of States:||4|
|Catalogues:||K.181; M.178; W.147|
|Impressions taken from this plate (49)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 181) 'Hurlingham'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 178) 'Hurlingham'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 147) 'Hurlingham'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 126) 'Hurlingham'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 128) 'Hurlingham'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 121) 'Hurlingham'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 110).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 113) 'Hurlingham'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 148) 'Hurlingham'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 147) 'Hurlingham'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- Art Journal, 1879, p. 99.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Drawing Near. Whistler Etchings from the Zelman Collection, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1984 (cat. no. 26).
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 280 (no. 183).