C. L. Drouet, Sculptor
|Medium:||etching and drypoint|
|Size:||226 x 152 mm|
|Signed:||'Whistler' at lower right, 'Whistler Maitre Eaufortier' at upper right|
|Inscribed:||'1859.' at lower right; 'Drouet. Sculpteur.' at lower centre|
|Set/Publication:||'Cancelled Plates', 1879|
|No. of States:||2|
|Catalogues:||K.55; M.55; T.55; W.53|
|Impressions taken from this plate (73)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 55) 'Drouet'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 55) 'Drouet'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 53) 'Drouet'.
- Collection illustrative of the History and Practice of Etching. Lent and Catalogued by James Anderson Rose, Esq., of London, Liverpool, 1874 (cat. no. 477) 'Portrait of Mons. Drouet, Sculptor'.
- Mr Whistler's Exhibition, Flemish Gallery, Pall Mall, London, 1874 (cat. no. 34) 'Portrait, ""Mons. Drouet, sculptor"'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. no. 74) 'Drouet. Sculpteur'.
- World's Columbian Exposition, Department of Fine Arts, Chicago, 1893 (cat. no. 2220) 'Portrait of Drouet, the Sculptor'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 50) 'Drouet'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 49) 'Drouet'.
- Pan-American Exposition, Buffalo, 1901 (cat. no. 1393).
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902 (cat. no. 947 (53)) 'Drouet'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 60) 'Drouet'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 45).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 47) 'Drouet'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. nos. 55a, b), 'Drouet'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 53) 'Drouet'.
- Oeuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'École des Beaux-Art, Paris, 1905 (cat. no. 317) 'Drouet'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- 'Exhibition of Mr. Whistler's Works', unidentified press-cutting, [June 1874], GUL PC1/67.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Drawing Near. Whistler Etchings from the Zelman Collection, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1984 (cat. no. 13).
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, pp. 103-105, 278 (no. 58).
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Life of James McNeill Whistler, 2 vols, London and Philadelphia, 1908, pp. 70, 72, 92.
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Whistler Journal, Philadelphia, 1921, pp. 90, 93.