Reading a Book
|Size:||127 x 77 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at left|
|Set/Publication:||'Cancelled Plates', 1879|
|No. of States:||2|
|Catalogues:||K.111; M.110; W.97|
|Impressions taken from this plate (18)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 111) 'Reading a Book'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 110) 'Reading a Book'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 97) 'Reading a Book'.
- International Exhibition, Kelvingrove, Glasgow, 1888 (cat. no. 2552-21) 'Model Reading'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 92) 'Reading a Book'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 79) 'Reading a Book'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 103) 'Reading a Book'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 97) 'Reading a Book'.
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 279 (no. 115).