|Size:||159 x 235 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at lower right (3-final)|
|Set/Publication:||'Cancelled Plates', 1879|
|No. of States:||6|
|Catalogues:||K.153; M.150; W.123|
|Impressions taken from this plate (24)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 153) 'London Bridge'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 150) 'London Bridge'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 123) 'London Bridge'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 106) 'London Bridge'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. nos. 111, 111a) 'London Bridge'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 249).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 93) 'London Bridge'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 127) 'London Bridge'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 123) 'London Bridge'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
- Anon., The Academy, 8 November 1877, p. 343.
- Letter, The Belfast News, 19 November 1877.
- Anon., 'Art and Literary Gossip', Manchester Times, 27 November 1877.
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 280 (no. 154).