The Old Swan Brewery, Chelsea
|Size:||67 x 99 mm|
|Signed:||butterfly at right|
|No. of States:||1|
|Catalogues:||K.98; M.97; W.89|
|Impressions taken from this plate (12)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 98) ' "The Swan", Chelsea'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 97) ' "The Swan", Chelsea'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 89) "The 'Swan'".
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. no. 118) ' “The Swan”, Chelsea'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 84) 'The "Swan"'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. nos. 84, 84a) ' “Swan” Brewery'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 88) Query.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 72).
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 93) ' “Swan” Brewery'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 89) 'Swan Brewery'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984, p. 279 (no. 105).